Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cameco is looking for a motivated individual to join the maintenance team at the world’s second largest high grade uranium deposit, located at the Cigar Lake operation in northern Saskatchewan.
You will be responsible for the inspection, installation, maintenance, repair and testing of all chemical, slurry, water, gas and steam piping systems on site ensuring completed work meets all codes. This includes all process areas on surface and underground, mining services distribution systems, surface mine buildings, camps and fuel storage.
There are two positions available. One is temporary with an expected duration of 14 months.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Valid Saskatchewan or interprovincial journeyperson pipefitter certificate
- Minimum of five years of related experience in heavy industrial, mill or mining environment
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan gas and piping codes
- Ability to interpret blueprints, develop material lists and layout piping systems
- Ability to cut and fit fabricated pipe and fittings
- Excellent safety record
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Metals or mineral processing plant maintenance experience
- Gas fitter journeyperson certificate
- Emergency first aid certificate
- SAP experience
Preference will be given to Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is November 2, 2017. Please quote competition number 28006.