Rabbit Lake, SK
Position and Responsibilities
As a Powerhouse Operator at Rabbit Lake, you will be responsible for safe and efficient steam production on site. You will ensure appropriate distribution of steam to meet process and heating demands as well as performing checks and required maintenance on steam production equipment as necessary. As part of the Utilities team, you will be responsible for the operation of diesel emergency power generators and aid in power restoration to site. The Utilities group is also in direct charge of the operation and safe care of the potable water system. Other duties include operational checks on air compressors, HVAC units and assisting with maintenance as needed.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- A valid Saskatchewan Fourth Class Power Engineering Certificate
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Knowledge of the operating principles of a potable water treatment system
- Class 1 Water Treatment Certification
- Knowledge and experience with maintenance, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment
- Ability to use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools to complete job tasks
Preference will be given to qualified internal applicants and Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 4, 2018. Please quote competition number 30689.