Principal Geologist, Copper
Principal Geologist, Copper – Rio Tinto Exploration
Join a well-resourced exploration group with a proven track record of discovery
Generate superior exploration opportunities and shape the regional copper portfolio
Play a leading role in the development of technical capability
Position can based in Salt Lake City, US (we also have others opportunities in South America, Zambia, Serbia, Kazakhstan, Serbia , UK, and Australia)
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximize value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
We are looking for Principal Geologist, Copper to join Rio Tinto Exploration (RTX) in multiple RTX locations globally. This challenging role offers an opportunity to participate in discovery, shape the regional copper portfolio, lead and coach motivated teams of experienced explorers and gain exposure to strategic and commercial decision making.
What the role entails:
Reporting to the Regional Exploration Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Providing technical leadership and oversight of regional greenfield copper programs and projects
- Strengthening the exploration portfolio through target generation, identification and evaluation of the highest priority third party opportunities and rigorous portfolio prioritization
- Raising technical standards and embedding industry best practice
- Enhancing the region’s technical capability through coaching and knowledge transfer
- Supporting brownfield exploration, advanced project work and business development initiatives
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A recognized university degree in the field
- Personal drive and a passionate desire to participate in discovery
- 10-15 years’ experience working with porphyry and/or sediment-hosted copper geology rooted
- 10-15 years’ experience working in international exploration projects
- Strong experience in project management
- The ability and desire to conduct a significant amount of inter-regional field work
- A demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate small exploration teams
- Strong communication, influencing skills and fluency in English
- A commitment to “The Way We Work”; Rio Tinto’s global code of business conduct
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings anytime, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Apply online on Rio Tinto website at : https://riotinto.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=19284