Cigar Lake, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal metallurgist is the leading authority and technical specialist within Cameco on metallurgy and uranium processing issues. In this role you will manage a specialized group of technical experts to provide support to existing operations, perform technical assessments and ensure safe, environmentally responsible and economic performance of our mills. You will also evaluate new technologies, lead innovation initiatives and evaluate new business opportunities for Cameco. You will assist with mill equipment selection, oversee all process engineering design work and ensure good operations and maintenance practices are considered in all engineering designs for projects.
Utilizing your broad technical knowledge and experience you will provide metallurgy and process design oversight on all related major projects and be a key resource for site and corporate groups seeking technical support. As a strong leader you will develop and supervise a team of metallurgists responsible for front end engineering reports and detailed designs in support of Cameco’s assets.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in mineral process, metallurgical or chemical engineering
- At least 15 years of progressive experience in mineral processing / metallurgy
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Previous leadership experience
- Master’s Degree, PhD in related field
- Experience working in several different operating facilities
- Uranium processing experience
- Project management experience
- Background in consulting and/or research
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is August 29, 2017. Please quote competition number 27425.