Procedural Development Coordinator (2020-4738)
Redpath Mongolia LLC has an opening for a Procedural Development Coordinator to join their dynamic team at the Oyu Tolgoi Project in Mongolia. The site is situated in Southern Mongolia in the heart of the Gobi Desert flatlands.
Closing: March 5, 2021
Location: Oyu Tolgoi
Rotation: 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off *Due to current Covid-19 travel restrictions, the rotation may be amended. Once covid-19 travel restrictions are eased, you will return to the above roster. Current rotation estimate is 140 days: 3 weeks of quarantine on entry to Mongolia; 11 weeks of work at 14 days on 3 days off; 2 weeks of quarantine when returning to home country; 4 weeks off.
Shift Length: 12 hours
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Travel: Flights provided from point of hire to job site
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of pre-employment medical and substance abuse test
Accommodations: Camp setting
The Procedural Development Coordinator is responsible for the development, administration and management of all theoretical training materials associated with mine construction, mine development and raise boring which may include but is not restricted to all mobile equipment checklists, SWP’s and training packages. In addition, there may be a requirement to develop bespoke training materials as and when required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of department monthly, weekly and daily schedules.
- To coach and mentor direct reports through regular interactions.
- To support and develop the Technical Writers to achieve the highest possible standard of document development and periodically audit training materials for quality assurance.
- To liaise with the Mining, Construction and Raise Bore Departments, OEM’s and other stakeholders where SME advise, or contribution is required.
- To ensure all underground field observations are conducted in accordance with site safety standards and all PPE requirements are adhered to.
- To manage a diverse workforce from multiple backgrounds and cultures.
- To set an example to all team members as to what is expected of them.
- To build strong working relationships with peers and the client.
- To meet KPI targets as set by Dayan and manage monthly accountabilities.
- Attend client/contractor meetings as required.
- Responsible for the succession planning and progressive development of direct reports.
- To conduct bi-annual performance appraisals on all direct reports.
- Provide regular updates to the Snr.Surface Training Coordinator regarding the performance of team members by raising issues in a timely manner if these are outside of their control.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Follow Company and Oyu Tolgoi’s site health and safety standards and report any unsafe acts or conditions
- To lead by example, demonstrating a proactive approach with regard to all health and safety protocols.
- Comply with Oyu Tolgoi’s Critical Risk Management (CRM) requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a Training/Health and Safety background.
- Experience in development of training materials specific to the underground mining cycle.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within the mining sector.
- Significant knowledge and experience of underground equipment utilised in the Mining Cycle.
- Ability to identify potential hazards and implement controls to mitigate risks.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to employees, site management and clients on site.
- Ability to relate to client demands and display initiative.
- Ability to counsel and mentor direct reports and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities, follow up and complete tasks.
- Ability to create/develop standard work procedures and training packages pertaining to the underground mining cycle.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Mongolian mining laws, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of critical risk management, mine operation and fire awareness.
- Good oral and written English.