Reporting to the Operating Manager, the Production Superintendent is responsible for directing the day-to-day operation of the Plant and for the overall coordination of the area with a major focus on business objectives (lowest cost per unit).
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Establish and maintain a strong commitment towards Trail’s Safety, Hygiene and Environmental policies
- Provide shutdown planning and execution, communicating timing requirements to affected plants allowing them to take advantage of planned outages
- Ensure the efficient operation of the various plants by developing and implementing day-to-day operating strategies in conjunction with operating, maintenance and technical personnel
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Operating Manager to advise on plant status, including cost-control, budgeting, expenditures, and operating cost containment opportunities
- Promote and participate in personnel training and development programs; develop and engage staff utilizing performance management system
- Technical Degree or Diploma in Smelting/Refining, Mineral Processing or Mining, or a combination of education and industrial experience
- 8-10 years of industrial experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.