Professional Geologist or Geological Engineer
Probe Metals Inc. (the Company) is a leading Canadian gold exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of highly prospective gold properties. The Company is well-funded and controls a strategic land package of over 1,000-square-kilometres of exploration ground within some of the most prolific gold belts in Ontario and Quebec: Val d’Or, West Timmins, Casa-Berardi and Detour Quebec. The Company is committed to discovering and developing high-quality gold projects, including its key asset the Val-d’Or East Gold Project where it has become the largest claim holder with 231 km2 of coverage.
Probe Metals Inc. is looking for a candidate to fill the following position:
– Professional geologist or geological engineer.
This position is a full time position starting at the beginning of June 2017.
Duties and role description:
Based either in Val-d’Or (Quebec) or Toronto, working closely with the Val-d’Or East exploration team, the candidate will report to the Executive Vice-President and the Chief Operating Officer of the Company. In the event that the person is based in Toronto, the candidate will be required to travel often to Val-d’Or. The person would have the following responsibilities and duties:
· Responsible for QA/QC of the drilling databases of the Company and participates in interpretation of results.
· Responsible for geological technical projects that are contracted to external consultants.
· Provides technical support to the drilling, stripping and prospection campaigns of the Company, especially for the Val-d’Or East project.
· Participates in 3D modeling of mineralized and geological zones.
· Develops and models internal resource estimates.
· Participates in technical evaluation of corporate projects.
· Assists with exploration staff development and mentoring.
· Fosters a safe, stimulating and challenging work environment.
· Respects Company policies and procedures.
· Hold a university degree in Geology or Geological Engineering.
· Be a member in good standing of an association of professional geologists/engineers (Quebec and Ontario).
· Have more than 5 years of experience in deposit exploration & exploration geology.
· Demonstrated technical capabilities and experience in resource modeling and estimation.
· Be organized and show attention to details.
· Have a practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and exploration software/tools (Geotic, MapInfo, etc.).
· Have a valid driver’s licence.
· Have a strong commitment to health and safety, and the environment.
· Have good interpersonal skills and be a team player.
· Show leadership, initiative and have a keen sense of priorities.
· Fluency in French and English (spoken and written) is an asset.
Remuneration package and benefits are competitive and are based on the training and experience of the candidate.
To apply, interested candidates should send their resume by email to email@example.com or by regular mail to:
Probe Metals Inc.
1000 Temperance St., Suite 1000