Project Controller-Saskatoon. SK
- Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company where safety comes first
- Competitive salary & benefits with opportunity for career advancement
- Exciting new exploration project. Permanent role | Location: Saskatoon, SK
About the role
We are looking for a Project Controller to ensure successful planning and execution of an advanced stage exploration project.
This role is a great opportunity to participate with Finance, Operations, Procurement and contractor management through the entire project to ensure efficient schedule management, cost tracking and optimized resource management.
The role will be office based but with a significant portion of time spent on site, fully integrated in the operational team and reporting to the Operations Manager. The work schedule will be 2weeks in field / 1week at the office / 1 week off.
You will be:
- Accountable for management of all costs related to the project (capital and operating) including weekly cost reporting, forecast and budget planning.
- Accountable for managing the Project Schedule to ensure efficient workstream execution and the ability to rapidly reschedule
- Instilling rigor and providing assistance in managing the team’s resources (budget and people) to ensure successful implementation of the project
- Reducing the number of supplementary requests and increasing business value received from projects
- Ensuring Project Management and Integrated System (PMIS) support and governance to provide sound project tracking capacity and achieving RTX wide consistency and continuous improvement which will include providing coaching to improve individual project team member capabilities
- Working in Project team, RTX management G&I Studies and Projects as well as external specialists to continuously improve project management processes
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Financial or Project Management role
- Demonstrated understanding of project management (through all phases) and cost accounting
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project scheduling
- Demonstrated experience and skills in cost control management
- Demonstrated project controls experience on engineering and construction projects
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite, specifically MS Project or similar schedule management tools
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in drilling/construction camp environments and spend time away from your home base.
Where you will be working
The role can be based in Saskatoon, SK. The project site is within 3 hour drive of the city with a well establish camp. You will be expected to spend reasonable time on site to be able to add value to the flexible project schedule and project delivery.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if you are looking for a new challenge, great location and an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now.
Applications online at www.riotinto.com/careers Ref. Req. ritm2813749