Project Coordinator-Labrador City, NL
- Opportunity to work for global company developing capex projects
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Contribute to the success of Rio Tinto by applying your technical and professional Expertise – Labrador City\, NL
About the role
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to manage delivery of capital projects. You will use project management best practices and processes to safely lead the teams to delivery of your projects. The projects are mainly brown field ranging from infrastructure, to debottlenecking to modernization.
This role is a great opportunity to plan and deliver projects from initiation to completion and focus on achieving objectives through safely managing resources, scopes, budgets, changes, and risks. Working a 5 days on, 2 days off roster and reporting to the Project Manager you will be:
- Contributing to the continuous improvement while using capital project processes, practices and tools.
- Collaborating with the team to support the evolution of consistent good practices within capital projects.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to drive a culture of collaboration, participation and improvement.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to safely deliver projects from initial kick-off to project closure using project management best practices.
- Bachelor of Engineering and Professional Engineer designation (desired)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project delivery
- Formal Project Management and leadership training and experience
- Demonstrated communication skills and the ability to grow relationships with internal customers, technologists, engineers and project managers.
- Experience leading a team in the management of projects utilizing sound project and business management practices
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience in mining & mineral processing.
- PMP certification
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Applications online at www.riotinto.com/careers Ref. RITM2055302