Project Engineer (2017-2420)
Redpath Mongolia LLC has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to join their dynamic team at the Oyu Tolgoi Project in Mongolia. The site is situated in Southern Mongolia in the heart of the Gobi Desert flatlands.
Rotation 6 weeks in and 3 weeks off
Shift Length 12 hrs/day - 7 days a week
Travel Economy flights provided from point of hire to job site
Accommodations Camp setting
Condition of Employment Successful completion of pre-employment medical, substance abuse test and criminal background check
Employment requirement Valid Passport and Travel Visa
Compensation J.S. Redpath Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
The primary role of the Project Engineer is to provide engineering support for the mass excavation and underground construction projects including scheduling, coordination of design and procurement activities and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mine design for underground development and surface infrastructure
- Scheduling of mine development
- Preparing weekly and monthly mine development forecasts
- Ensuring compliance with mines QA/QC program
- Preparing budgets and cost estimates
- Specification and ordering of materials and supplies in support of operations and planned work
- Ensure compliance with Mongolian regulations and site standards
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- A University degree in Engineering
- Willingness to work in a remote and demanding environment
- Experience with mine infrastructure and setup
- Experience in large mechanized development and mass excavation.
Health and Safety:
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor.