Reporting to the Exploration Manager, the Project Geologist will be the program manager and lead technical expert working with a dynamic team of geoscientists and technicians on key properties within the UEX portfolio. They are responsible for program design, supervising field teams, collecting, processing, compiling, and interpreting geological data.
The position is based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada and will require travel to and time spent at UEX Corporation’s field projects in northern Saskatchewan.
- Develop regional-, property-, and deposit-scale geological models (lithology, structure, alteration, and mineralization);
- Design efficient exploration programs and budgets to maximise potential for discovery.
- Logging of diamond drill core, selection of sample sites, ongoing implementation of the QA-QC programs.
- Utilize industry-standard software to compile and interpret 3-D location, geologic & assay results.
- Contribute to developing exploration work programs and to strategic exploration planning;
- Manage a team comprised of staff and contractors to execute effective exploration work programs.
- In collaboration with the Exploration Manager, ensure technical coaching for professional development purposes and a proactive mentorship of junior staff.
- Be a safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in mineral exploration with at least two years experience with supervising exploration field and drilling programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Geology, Earth Sciences or a related Geoscience discipline. A post-graduate degree will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Uranium deposit models, processes and chemistry.
- Proficient in the use of ESRI Desktop suite of applications including ArcGIS.
- Strong statistical and data interpretation skills.
- Experience with supporting general hardware and software requirements and needs in an Exploration and/or Operational environment.
- Results orientated with excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, problem solving and execution skills.
- Strong written and spoken English
- Computer skills in Microsoft Applications, industry-standard digital logging and database entry
- A demonstrated commitment to safety, environment, and community.
- Registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of being a Qualified Person under NI 43-101.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the nature of the position and compensation package, preference will be given to residents of Saskatchewan.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.