Project Manager, HRIS (2017-2725)
The Project Manager, HRIS role will have ownership of the system role from an HR function perspective. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that these systems are functioning as expected and meeting the end-users needs. He/she will provide technical / functional leadership on implementing and maintaining the HRIS solution and any relative solution design, business process analysis. This incumbent will also act as the escalation point of contact to solve end-user or system issues. This role is responsible to drive the implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g. system selection, charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) in compliance with Redpath IT PMO project management framework and work with the Vendor’s project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Project Manager, HRIS will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
Duties and Responsibilities
Become an expert in the Redpath IT-PMO Implementation Methodology and leverage it on all engagements;
Demonstrate competency in various HCM products.
Ensure project is properly planned and staffed; in accordance with Redpath internal procedures
Work with the Vendor’s project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes;
Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings;
Ensure Redpath takes advantage of HCM best practices;
Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW;
Present Steering Committee with change orders in the event we're asking for additional functionality that is outside the scope of the SOW;
Responsible for the project implementation/delivery of the scope of the project;
Liaise with Senior Leaders, VPs and Steering Committee.
Liaise closely with Human Resources and Payroll teams across the globe to ensure the optimal provision and use of project management information;
Lead and mentor regional HR Lead to ensure that the system is administered and maintained in their areas of responsibility;
Accountable for the development/completion of Internal Acceptance User Acceptance Testing test scenarios and scripts (supported by the Vendor’s Implementation Lead);
Accountable for the development/completion of SOP's/Process Flows, including integrated process flows cross domain as needed;
Lead the training function with vendor to build training plan to be delivered to key stakeholders within Human Resources and the Business.
Ensure that the Change Management (Redpath MoC and IT PMO) processes are being maintained and integrated with Company policies, procedures, contracts and financial system;
Monitor regular project performance to define deviations from the approved schedule and advise where remedial action is required;
Assisting in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs;
Planning, testing and implementation of Human Resource system upgrades or patches under the direction of the IT-PMO.
Developing SOP’s and documentation and ensuring existing documentation is up to date and organized;
Prepare management information reports on project progress; and
Maintain confidentiality with respect to Redpath and client information.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required along with CHRP designation
- Project Management designation considered an asset
- 10 years generalist human resources experience, knowledge and demonstrated skills normally acquired through working in the HR profession.
- 7 – 10 years of experience project managing similar implementations for human resources information systems (HRIS).
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to multi task and work effectively;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Working knowledge of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Procurement Services;
- Project Management experience;
- Excellent organization, time management, communication, influence and negotiation skills;
- Passion for customer service;
- Business development skills; and
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
Candidate must have the ability to travel internationally for up to 50% of the time during implementation of the HRIS and where required post implementation phase to ensure maintenance and proper functioning of the system within the regions.
Redpath Mining Inc. is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.