Raglan – Jumbo Operator (2019-3862)
Location Northern Quebec (100km south of Deception Bay, 1800km north of Montréal), Canada
Rotation 14 day in 14 day out
Shift Length 11 hours
Travel Commercial flight from airport closest to point of hire to Rouyn-Noranda or Montreal.
Compensation J.S. Redpath Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
- FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec) or Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario)
- Permis Général d’Explosifs or able to obtain one as soon as possible
- Drug test
- Valid drivers permit
The primary role of a Jumbo Operator is to set up and operate a single or multiple boom jumbo, to drill and blast in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually inspect, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and missholes, flags lifters, adds or repairs vent tubing.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements
- Extend grade and centre line, mark face for drilling and circle bootlegs, maintain hanging wall and foot wall control in junction with geologist.
- Capable of jackleg and/or stopper drilling as needed.
- Determine location, spacing, depth and inclination of holes.
- Perform minor repairs, such as changing striker bars, couplings, water tubes and hose clamps.
- Complete daily log books on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor.
- Load, prime, time, connect and test blasting circuit.
- Place guards at all entrances to the blast, blast according to project standards and remove guards after blasting.
- Maintain working area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
5 years or more experience with Jumbo Drill machine in mining field
Demonstrated ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
Ability to multi task and work effectively
Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
Health and Safety:
Have the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. PPE, lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment
Ensure that workers are qualified and capable to safely perform the assigned work
Work in accordance with local legislation