Raglan – MacLean Operator/Boulonneur Mecaniser (2018-3128)
Location Northern Quebec (100km south of Deception Bay, 1800km north of Montréal), Canada
Rotation 14 days on and 14 days off
Shift Length 11 hours or 11.5 hour shift
Travel Commercial flight from airport closest to point of hire to Rouyn-Noranda, Montreal or Chibougamau.
Compensation J.S. Redpath Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
- FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec) or Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario)
- Permis Général d’Explosifs or able to obtain one as soon as possible
- Drug test
- Valid drivers permit
Scope of Work
The scope of work carried out for this phase of the project is 6650 m of ramp / lateral development, comprehensive series of u/g infrastructure construction. Trucking waste to surface (or nearest dump) and muck raisebore cuttings.
Support services includes: Supervision, Mechanics, Electricians, Controller, Clerk and Safety
The primary role of a MacLean Bolter is to inspect existing underground headings, scale loose rocks and install ground support to stabilize rock mass and ensure safety. The tasks may involve the operation of scaling bars, pneumatic hand-held drills, use of rubber-tired underground mobile equipment such as LHD (Load-Haul-Dump) units, mechanized bolters, scissor trucks, shotcrete sprayers and other support vehicles in a confined environment. Other tasks associated to this position may include, but not limited to, the installation of vent tubing and mine services (air, water and pumping lines), minor construction work and other heading maintenance jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all Redpath and Owners safety regulations and procedures.
- Identify unsafe conditions in underground headings - high level of alertness required.
- Scale back and walls as required to make the workplace safe.
- Drill holes using hand-held pneumatic drills or drill-boom mounted on bolter.
- Insert rock bolt following approved method of installation.
- Install other ground support components as required such as welded wire mesh and shotcrete.
- Install or fix existing mines services such as vent tubing and pipes using various lifting equipment such as scissor trucks, chain blocks and hand tools.
- Operate large mobile equipment such as 3.5 yard and 8 yard low profile front end loader (Scooptram) and scissor lift (manlift);
- Receive instructions or directives from Shift Supervisors and Captain to coordinate day to day ground control requirements;
- Assess all excavations and install ground support in development or reconditioned areas as per plan and section as the development progresses;
- Keep track of all advances and communicate to supervisors and cross shifts footages and volumes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
- Provide labour and ground control expertise as required.
Health and Safety:
Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
Responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
Responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.
Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.