Raglan – Project Controller – Field (2020-4713)
Location Northern Quebec (100km south of Deception Bay, 1800km north of Montréal), Canada
Rotation 14 day in 14 day out
Shift Length 11 hours
Travel Commercial flight from airport closest to point of hire to Rouyn-Noranda or Montreal.
Compensation Redpath Canada Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Under the supervision of the Project Engineering Manager and/or the Project Manager, the Project Controller will administer contracts, subcontracts, prepare execution schedules and track performance, incorporate quantitative and qualitative analysis, and to define both the physical and the economic performance of the projects and recommend action to be taken should deviations from the optimal performance be highlighted.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all functions are carried out in compliance with company and national health, safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures and legislations
- Prepare, define and compile the controls baselines including the development of project schedules, budgets and track progress against these baselines
- Prepare project specific controls procedures
- Establish project timekeeping, comprehensive project reporting, ensure appropriate selection of account codes and document management processes.
- Analyze performance data, identify trends, works with technical and operations teams to prepare mitigation plans;
- Responsible for compiling progress claims and contract change orders;
- Ensure that the Redpath Management of Change process is being followed
- Prepare and finalize the close-out reports, including maintaining historical costs and production information
- Maintain professional working relationships with management and client representatives
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to Redpath and client information
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Required: University degree in related scientific, business or engineering field
- Preferred: University degree (business or engineering) in quantity surveying, cost estimating, commercial or mining. Additional qualifications and/or certification(s) in quantity surveying (professional QS), project management (PMP), contract administration and key performance indicator measurement will be considered an asset.
- 5 Years of post-graduate field and/or office based project accounting, estimating or controls experience related to underground construction projects or operational mining environment, with knowledge of project management, construction contracts, reporting and data manipulation
- Computer Skills: Oracle Primavera P6; Oracle JD Edwards; Hard Dollar; MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
Health and Safety:
- Follow Company and Client health and safety standards and report all unsafe acts or conditions to supervisor
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment
- Work in accordance with local legislation
- FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec)
- Permis Général d’Explosifs
- Valid drivers permit
- Drug test