Raisebore Operator (2020-4714)
Redpath Mongolia LLC has an immediate opening for a Raisebore Operator to join their dynamic team at the Oyu Tolgoi Project in Mongolia. The site is situated in Southern Mongolia in the heart of the Gobi Desert flatlands.
Closing: February 3, 2021
Location: Oyu Tolgoi
Rotation: 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off *Due to current Covid-19 travel restrictions, the rotation may be amended. Once covid-19 travel restrictions are eased, you will return to the above roster. Current rotation estimate is 140 days: 3 weeks of quarantine on entry to Mongolia; 11 weeks of work at 14 days on 3 days off; 2 weeks of quarantine when returning to home country; 4 weeks off.
Shift Length: 12 hours
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Travel: Flights provided from point of hire to job site
Conditions of Employment:Successful completion of pre-employment medical and substance abuse test
Accommodations: Camp setting
The primary role of the Raisebore Operator is to direct and perform the activities with respect to all facets of operating the raisedrill machinery, including moving, set up, pilot hole drilling, installation/ removal of reamer, MUBO tool, inspection and tear down. In addition, the Raisebore Operator is responsible to mentor and train the Raisebore Helper and Assistant Raisebore Operator in the safe operation of the various Redpath raisedrills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate the assigned raisedrill according to procedure with respect to set-up, etc.
- Make required adjustments to the operation of the raisedrill to compensate for ground conditions
- Give direction to crew members on the various duties with respect to the safe and efficient operation of the raisedrill
- Provide training/mentoring to less-experienced members of the project crew
- Connect various components on the raisedrill as required
- Monitor inventory for reamers, drill bits, spare parts and communicate requirements to Project Superintendent as required
- Read and interpret engineering plans to set up the raisedrill and assemble components
- Perform minor repairs as required
- Assist the crew with maintaining a clean work site, storage of materials and spare parts
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Required: 1-2 years with experience in operating raisedrills
- Preferred: 3-5 years’ experience in operating various classes of raisedrills, with progression in size and complexity of projects/raisedrills employed
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to adjust raisedrill parameters to compensate for changing ground conditions
- Limited but evolving knowledge of various classes of raisedrills
- Knowledge of raisebore drill operations
- Knowledge of drilling machinery
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Limited but evolving ability to read and interpret engineering plans
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to do perform routine maintenance on machines
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to multi task and work effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently