Cigar Lake, SK
Position and Responsibilities
Cameco is looking for a motivated individual to join our technical services team at the world’s second largest high grade uranium deposit, located at the Cigar Lake operation in northern Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the drilling and freezing engineer, your main responsibility will be to assist with facets of the freeze plant(s) operation. You will assist with field training and mentoring of freeze plant operators and help with the operation of all freeze plant and associated equipment. Responsibilities also include assisting with the installation, maintenance and repair of all refrigeration equipment on site with respect to the freeze plant equipment, including both surface and underground equipment. You will help plan, coordinate and execute freeze plant equipment shutdown and start-ups.
You will manage the preventative maintenance of existing equipment, use troubleshooting techniques to identify problems on components and systems, as well as be responsible for the installation of new equipment by following the corporate environmental, health and safety policies and standards in the trade.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Valid Saskatchewan or interprovincial journeyperson refrigeration mechanic certification
- Currently hold or the ability to obtain a valid Saskatchewan refrigeration engineer certification
- Five years of relevant work experience in an industrial setting
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with good computer and organizational skills
- Excellent safety record
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Greater than 100T ammonia freeze plant experience
Preference will be given to qualified internal candidates and Residents of Saskatchewan’s North.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 16, 2018. Please quote competition number 30426.