- Provide technical support to Business Line management teams including identification, evaluation and recommendation on new exploration opportunities. Ability to provide critical thinking and alternative interpretations to ensure all technical work is of a high and consistent standard and is delivered in a timely manner.
- Provide geology expertise for technical due diligence for permitting, acquisitions, mine planning, operations, reclamation, and environmental issues.
- Lead and manage the Canada Region Mineral Exploration & Resource Development team.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective and proactive relationships with other local, regional and group staff departments as well as external stakeholders (government authorities, land owners, First Nations and contractors).
- Manage exploration programs, reserve studies and estimations to meet scope, schedule and budget for the studies. Evaluate and monitor the expected life span of reserves.
- Oversee the collection, analysis and cataloging of materials test results on a regular basis. Provide detailed written reports and presentations for managers and executives. Ensure a comprehensive and accurate database of all exploration data testing data is available for other users of this data.
- Provide onsite technical support to Business Line teams
- The incumbent will be required to travel a high percentage within Canada Region