Reference # RT1001
Tacora Resources Inc. (Tacora) is an iron ore mining and development company with a culture unlike any other in the mining industry. Tacora is focused on building a high performance, highly engaged team that prioritizes personal and workplace safety as a core strategic value. With a winning mentality; fostering innovation, environmental stewardship and strong communities are cornerstones of their vision.
Tacora is excited to re-energize the Scully Mine in Wabush, Labrador. We believe key values of safety, teamwork, winning, innovation, environmental stewardship, happy and fulfilling work environments, strong communities and family combine to result in a non-siloed partnership across all people in the organization. Our philosophy is “we celebrate together, not apart”.
We are seeking qualified individuals for the role of Reliability Technician. Please note that this is not a fly-in, fly-out operation and will be based in Labrador West, NL requiring candidates to work a 12-hour shift rotation of 4-days on/4-days off.
- Execute routine and non-routine condition monitoring data collection on rotating assets (vibration, IR, ultrasonics)
- Collect oil samples on rotating assets and review oil analysis reports
- Perform analysis and diagnostics on the data collected and report identified deficiencies as per the work management process
- Provide condition monitoring database management and development
- Perform visual mechanical inspections on rotating assets and report identified deficiencies as per the work management process
- Perform precision maintenance such as balancing and alignment
- Perform machinery lubrication best practice activities/tasks as per lubrication rounds
- Continuously improve all aspects for the condition monitoring program
- Visual inspection on motors and field devices, such as disconnect switches and push button stations
- Perform inspections on all MMC cabinets for proper operation (displays, gauges, alarms/faults).
Skills, Qualifications, Education:
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technologist/Technician or Millwright
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Certified in at a minimum of level 2 vibration with other condition monitoring technology certification preferred
- Experience with online condition-based monitoring system (i.e. CSI/AMS/Emerson)
- Driver’s License (Required)
If you have relevant experience and expertise, please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following reference # in your email subject line: RT1001
Only those candidates who most align with the ideal candidate profile will be contacted by Tacora Resources for an interview.