Research Assistant-Engineering – NOC 2148
Title: Research Assistant-Engineering – NOC 2148 (1 vacancy)
Employer: Armex Mining Corp.
Business Address: Goldstream Mine, 4750 Highway 23 North, PO Box 2970, Revelstoke, BC, V0E 2S0
Location of Work: 75% Revelstoke, BC and surrounding area; 25% Metro Vancouver
Work Setting: Mining company
Armex Mining Corp. (“Armex”) is seeking to fill its “Research Assistant-Engineering” position (the “Position”). This requires a person with a minimum Master’s Degree level education in geotechnical / civil engineering from an accredited educational facility/university as well as five (5) year’s experience in multi-disciplined engineering with surface and sub-surface geo-technical focus.
The Position will hold the following duties:
- Geological Engineering-planning, developing and co-ordinating programs of geotechnical, geological, geophysical and geohydrological data acquisition, analysis and mapping to assist in the development mineral development and processing operations and site rehabilitation, within British Columbia;
- Analysis and preparation of recommendations and reports for construction/improvements to foundations, openings and excavations, both above and below ground level employing current and tested innovative technology, including pressure grouting, hydraulic channel erosion controls, cofferdams and hydraulic storage impoundments;
- Analysis and preparation of recommendations and supportive reports on support, stability and potential for failures or unwanted movement of foundations, slopes and fills and probable effects of landslides, earthquakes or other catastrophic failures with potential to effect project development, operation or reclamation;
- Conduct theoretical and applied studies of groundwater flow and potential for contamination from existing and planned underground workings and surface structures and development of reasoned recommendations for site selections, construction and remedial safeguards/treatments;
- Participation in planning, development, co-ordination and conduct of studies in mineral exploration, mine evaluation and feasibility studies, including resource and reserve calculations and mine design, all within the scope of National Instrument 43-101 and related guidelines;
- Participation in and presentation of oral technical presentations at meetings with government agencies, investor groups and others; and
- Work co-operatively within a team environment with internal management and with other consultants, technologists, technicians, engineers and scientists for development and review of project designs, calculations and cost estimates.
This Employee position requires a minimum Master’s Degree level in geotechnical / civil engineering from an accredited educational facility/university and five (5) year’s experience in multi-disciplined engineering with surface and sub-surface geo-technical focus.
Mathematical and engineering design capabilities, abilities in engineering computer graphics programs, logistics and transportation analysis, ability to communicate effectively in public and private meetings, flexibility, initiative to initiate new and differing responsibilities as the job expands; ability to manage and administer programs and personnel are all pre-requisite requirements.
Fluency in conversational and written general and technical English are pre-requisites. Fluency in spoken and written technical and conversational Mandarin would be considered significant assets. Oral presentation skills an asset.
The position will require living in remote site camps within rural British Columbia for up to 75% of working time, with the balance in the Lower Mainland area of BC. Candidate must be prepared to do field work in rugged mountainous terrain and in hazardous underground mine conditions.
The Candidate will be expected to undertake any available professional British Columbia certification/registration programs and /or cross registrations necessary or supplementary for job performance. Candidate will report to the Vice-President Operations.
How to Apply: Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including your CV together with a letter stating your past experience and why you believe you qualify for the position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Wages: Starting salary of CAD$65,000 per annum for 30 hours per week.
Benefits: 10 business days per year (starting)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time. Must be available to work days, evening and weekends
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible