Resident Geologist (GEO000300)
The Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resource’s Saskatchewan Geological Survey is seeking a self-motivated and committed individual to fill the role of Resident Geologist at the Saskatchewan Precambrian Geological Laboratory in La Ronge, SK.
- managing the drill core library and sample collections in the La Ronge Precambrian Geological Laboratory
- supporting and tracking exploration, development and production of northern Saskatchewan’s mineral resources through client services, public relations, visits to mineral exploration sites
- community engagement and outreach, including provision of information on the geology and mineral resources of Saskatchewan and the mining cycle in general, to people of all ages in northern communities
- up to 50% of this position may be dedicated towards instruction of geoscience courses at local post-secondary educational institutions, up to the level of first year university undergraduate courses
- focused geoscience research projects
For a more detailed job description and to apply, please go to www.careers.gov.sk.ca.