Resource Manager-Vancouver BC
An emerging Canadian base metal mining company with operations and a large land position in Brazil is seeking to hire a Resource Manager to oversee mineral resource and reserve estimation of the company’s projects and operations.
The successful candidate will be based in Vancouver with frequent travel to Brazil and report to the Chief Geological Officer and Vice President, Exploration. Your responsibilities will include:
- Geological interpretation and resource estimation supporting the company’s operations, projects and exploration;
- Consolidation of the company’s resource and reserve estimates at the corporate level;
- Assist the exploration group in designing the most effective drilling campaigns;
- Best practice processes as they relate to grade control, reconciliation and resource modelling at the company’s operations;
- Recommend updates or changes to the resource modeling processes to improve quality and efficiency and ensure any modifications are consistently implemented;
- Constantly monitors reconciliation of the resource model and provides input to the mine plan
- Monitor regulatory compliance with respect to mineral resource and mineral reserve estimates;
- Provide geological and resource modelling support of operations and development projects;
- Conduct quality assurance/quality control monitoring to ensure data and interpretations are accurate;
- Produce and validate block models and other parameters, as required; and
- Collaborate with the engineering, exploration, and environment teams to coordinate all aspects of the geological resource and reserve processes pertaining to all aspects of each project;
You will possess the following experience and skill set:
- Minimum BSc Degree in this field;
- Geologist or Engineer with 7+ years of experience in exploration and operations, including at least 5 years in resource modeling;
- Status as a “qualified person” pursuant to National Instrument 43-101 (Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects) is a pre-requisite for the position.
- Knowledge and experience in National Instrument 43-101 reporting, including preparing and updating mineral resource and reserve technical reports and documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory, industry and operational requirements.
- Strong 3-dimensional interpretation and geostatistical modeling skills, in particular, the 3D modeling and resource calculation aspects;
- Strong skills in Database software, map making software applications;
- A strong skillset and demonstrated experience in the use of the latest technology and software for 3-dimensional modelling and targeting – Datamine, Vulcan, Gems or similar software. Experience Leapfrog would be an asset;
- Detail-oriented and able to follow and maintain accurate, detailed documentation and policies;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written in English and Portuguese;
- Professional and enthusiastic with a positive attitude; and
- South American / Brazil industry specific experience.
Resumes to be forwarded to email@example.com by August 22, 2019. Please state “Resource Manager” in the subject line of your email.