Reverse Circulation Driller
Location: Various sites across the Yukon
Term: March 15 to October 31, 2017
Rotation of four weeks on, two weeks off with 12 hours of work per day
Salary: $32.14-$42.85/hr, and $48.21 to $64.28/OT
Benefits: Meals, lodging and transportation
GroundTruth Drilling specializes in exploiting minerals using minimally invasive techniques. We are looking for experienced and skilled GT RC (Reverse Circulation) Drilling Machine Operators to work at the highest possible standard, executing the work plans laid out by their Project Manager.
The physical environment requires employees to work outside in the heat/cold, wet/humid/dry, and in remote or isolated camp conditions. Travel to job locations can be in a variety of methods including helicopter and/or driving. The successful candidate must be willing to travel within Canada and able to work 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off rotation that include day shifts and overnight shifts.
This position will require some degree of physical strength (lifting up to 80lbs) and stamina (working 12 hours shifts) in order to perform drilling and other activities that require considerable use of their arms, legs and back.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Moving, positioning and setting up and operating of the drill, and all associated equipment at each drill site.
- Responsible to complete daily reports and trackers and record all consumables used during a shift as well as an ongoing inventory of all gear involved in the Drill program.
- Providing assistance to the Drill Sample Technician with moving, positioning and setup of the Sampling equipment.
- Do daily checks on all equipment that they have the proper and correct safety guards or ‘whip checks’ with particular attention to the compressor hoses and couplings.
- Ensuring all drill equipment, compressors/boosters and tools are kept clean, dust free and in good working order.
- Lead the slinging of the drill and equipment via helicopter in a safe manner whilst maintaining clear and concise communication with the pilot and drill crew.
- Ensuring that Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn correctly by all members of the drill crew and any other personal that are on the drill site.
- Reading and understanding the Drill Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Maintaining clear communication between team members, drill crews and other site personnel.
- Daily tidy of drill site ensuring that all equipment is correctly and properly stored and all equipment/materials are removed from the drill site at the completion of a drill program.
- Operating of a chainsaw to clear drill sites of foliage where needed.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Drill Foreman and/or Project Manager.
- Minimum 3 years, or 6 seasons of proven experience as a Reverse Circulation Driller.
- Experience operating RC Drill to drill 100 Meters and deeper
- Safety focused
- Valid First Aid Certification
- Experience in mechanical repairs and operation.
- Experienced with PC, Tablets, Google sheets or Excel.
- Must have appropriate camping and work gear.
** All Camps are Drug and Alcohol Free and require 100 percent compliance from the successful candidates.
Visit our website at www.GroundTruthExploration.com to apply, referencing "RC Driller" in your application.