POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the safety, health, environment, quality, compliance and licensing department, you will be responsible for providing program implementation support to operating sites, providing corporate oversight of safety and fostering a strong safety culture at Cameco. This will include communication of requirements, analyzing data and identifying trends, recommending policy changes, supporting injury case management, investigating incidents and recommending corrective actions. You will leverage your subject matter expertise in safety to continually improve programs and performance at Cameco. You will also be responsible for generating reports and liaising with various stakeholders regarding safety performance and statistics.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- Three years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Demonstrated data analysis experience
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of safety management systems
- Experience developing and delivering training
- Incident investigation experience
- Knowledge in Worker’s Compensation Board case management
- Occasional travel to Cameco’s various locations
- Experience in mining operations or the nuclear industry
- Experience in industrial hygiene
- Experience in emergency response or mine rescue
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is October 17, 2017. Please quote competition number 28027.