SEM Field Engineer
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: SEM Field Engineer (4 positions)
SEM Field Engineer will be the person in charge of all SEM tunnelling operations. The SEM Shift Engineers will manage the SEM Shift Superintendents, Lead Miners, and Miners. They will also have second level supervisory requirements for our on-site labourers. The SEM Field Engineer is responsible for the following: producing the start of shift safety briefings and constantly monitoring safety; ensuring safe and efficient execution of the works; ensuring and enabling morning briefings to work force; recording as built information and lining thickness (as constructed); recording advance rates; verifying and signing off Check Sheets; carrying out inspections as required by Inspection Test Plans (ITPs); completing shift report detailing the day’s events including a chart describing work carried out at quarter hourly intervals; carrying out compliance checks as indicated by the ITP; management of resources and underground logistics; ensuring that all relevant activity plans have been briefed; and ensuring all plant and equipment is on-site and is maintained correctly
Terms of employment:
Full-time, project-based for a 2 year period
Commencing March 2018. Shift-work/averaging agreement depending on project timelines. This position will be required to work a rotating shift pattern. The shift includes working day shift (7am-3pm) and afternoon shift (3pm-11pm) during regularly scheduled working period.
This position will also be required to work an extended shift schedule during periods of ramp-up in our schedule. This includes 12 hours shifts on a three week rotation.
Day 1 – 7: 12 hour shift work
Day 8- 10: Off
Day 11 – 17: 12 hour shift work
Day 18 – 21: Off
$97,219 – $100,000 annually commensurate with experience based on a 40 hour work week. This position is eligible for our salary review practice in April annually, which may result in annual salary increases in excess of 2%. Vacation is accrued at a rate of 15 days annually.
Shift premium of 32.5% of base salary to be provided depending on shift schedule and timelines of project.
This position is eligible for overtime while on the 40-hour work week.
Standard group benefit plan available including life insurance, short and long term disability, extended health including dependents (prescription drugs, vision, dental, paramedical, out of province emergency), company paid cell phone.
- Requires Bachelor of Science, Mining Engineer;
- Familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and aware of the role of “supervisor” under the OHSA;
- Ministry of Labour’s (MOL) required basic supervisory safety awareness training; and
- Professional Engineering certification or designation in the jurisdiction of your current resident or education (ex. P. Eng. in Ontario)
- A working knowledge of English.
- Minimum of 5 years of underground mining experience, in a similar Mining Engineering capacity; /NATM techniques in tunnel with shotcrete support;
- Minimum one SEM/NATM tunnel excavation in soft ground and of similar complexity as Oakwood, Avenue, Laird and Leaside Stations, with multiple drifts using SEM/NATM techniques and excavation equipment as suggested for these stations (Tunnel Excavator). The SEM/NATM tunnel excavation experience must be in umbrella-style SEM excavation.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)