SEM Tunnel Construction Manager
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: SEM Tunnel Construction Manager
Number of positions available: 2
Tunnel Construction Manager will manage the SEM construction teams at every CTSC construction site. The SEM Tunnel Construction Manager works normal week working hours from Monday to Friday; attends RES meeting, agrees RESS and delivers RESS briefing; ensures that all procedures and documents (ITP, MIP, Q&A, etc.) are in place for the safe and efficient running of the tunnel works; ensures all materials are delivered and available on-site; ensures NCRs are raised by the production team when defects are identified and ensures that any deficiency is remedied immediately; is available and Liaises with DSP Senior SEM Engineer when an Emergency RES Meeting is called.
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based for a 2-3 year period starting September 2017
Salary: $140,000-$160,000 annually commensurate with experience (40-60 hours per week)
Benefits: standard or typical group benefit plan available including life insurance short and long term disability, extended health including dependents (prescription drugs, vision, dental, paramedical, out of province emergency), cell phone, take home vehicle/gas card for work purposes.
- Bachelor of Science Mining Engineer, must have applicable underground and/or mining experience;
- Familiar with OHSA and aware of the role of ‘supervisor’ under the OHSA;
- MOL’s required basic supervisory safety awareness training; and
- A working knowledge of English.
- Work experience
- Minimum 12 years’ experience utilizing SEM/NATM techniques in tunnel with shotcrete support;
- Minimum one SEM/NATM tunnel excavation in soft ground and of similar complexity as Oakwood, Avenue, Laird and Leaside Stations, with multiple drifts using SEM/NATM techniques and excavation equipment as suggested for these stations (Tunnel Excavator)).
- Minimum one (1) tunnel project greater than 200m2 excavated tunnel cross section using multiple drifts
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)