SEM Tunnel Construction Manager
SEM Tunnel Construction Manager (NOC 0711)
Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS) is a consortium comprised of EllisDon, SNC-Lavalin, Aecon and ACS – Dragados. CTS has been selected by Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to deliver the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit Project and is seeking highly qualified, experienced personnel to join the team of this complex P3 design and construction project.
This position will report to the Segment Director, and will be responsible for assisting in managing a large P3 construction project and all aspects of project performance, including project management, delivery, safety, quality, financials and schedule.
This position is for our self-perform mining segment, and will need extensive background in Sequential Excavation Method (SEM) and New Austrian Tunnel Method (NATM) mining experience.
- Leading a team of skilled SEM workers, for deep excavation in soft ground designated areas along Eglinton
- Scheduling work and production milestones for SEM and other skilled trades people
- Overall Project Management and Delivery, including safety, quality, financial and schedule.
- Implement and enforce Crosslinx Transit Solutions corporate health and safety program.
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors & public.
- Leadership: Supervising, mentor, coach and train project personnel.
- Assist Segment Director in providing monthly and weekly reports including cost forecast, schedule and cash flow.
- Work with the Project Director to oversee and participate in regular project reforecasts
- Carry out all project administration in accordance with company policies and procedures. Utilize Crosslinx Transit Solutions project management system to complete all project administration.
- Work with project staff to develop, monitor the project schedule including identifying critical path dependent elements and recovery methods.
- Understand and enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities.
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule.
- Provide assistance in the delivery of payment requests to clients and approval of payments to subcontractors, suppliers and other third parties.
- Estimate and process change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Involved in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals, tender closings and presentations.
- Ensure compliance with Crosslinx Transit Solution union obligations including the management of SEM union employees.
Terms of employment:
Full-time, project-based for a set two-year period, commencing in July 2019. This position is based on a 40 hour week, generally Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend work needed. This position is a supervisory/managerial position and is not eligible for overtime.
Annual vacation is 15 days.
Language of Work:
$140,000 – $157,000 annual salary. This position is eligible for our annual salary review practice which may result in eligibility for bonuses and/or annual salary increases in excess of 2%.
Standard group benefit plan available including life insurance, short and long term disability, extended health including dependents (prescription drugs, vision, dental, paramedical, out of province emergency), company paid cell phone, and vehicle (or vehicle allowance).
Relocation and housing assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in tunnel construction on transit projects, in a leadership role such as Construction Manager or Project Manager
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in various mining technical disciplines, in a multi-discipline environment, in the role of Project Manager or Construction Manager
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing project mining/tunneling staff within a matrix environmental.
- Degree in mining engineering.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve project disputes.
Location of work:
Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project locations, Toronto, ON
Oakwood site office (trailer at Oakwood at Eglinton)
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)