Senior Contracts Specialist (2018-3333)
The Senior Contracts Specialist is responsible for developing contractual documents and is accountable for revisions, changes, compliance, conformance, conflicts and claims as related to projects. The incumbent is required to work as part of a team, interacting with co-workers, applicants, and superiors in a confidential and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, review, draft and/or negotiate different types of construction contracts.
- Identify risks and potential contract liabilities as part of the tender review process, including drafting commercial clarifications
- Ensure that contract change management is maintained in cooperation with Project Controls and Operations team members
- Actively work with and assist the Project Controls department to maintain Work In Hand or contract status reports
- Active participant in resolving major disputes, working closely with the Senior Commercial Manager.
- Liaise with finance with respect to insurance coverage (contract specific)
- Participate in tender finalization meetings, and assist with developing fee and/or contract KPI models
- Compile and/or oversee the compilation of contract summaries and contract completion/close-out documentation
- Responsible for record keeping pertaining to contracts
- Direct activities of supporting team members
- Further enhancement and delivery of contract training
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to Redpath and client information
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Post Secondary education in Business, Legal or mining (with progressive experience) or 10 years practical hands on experience
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer), J.D. Edwards, Hard Dollar (InEight Solutions), Primavera and SharePoint
- Ability to liaise with internal/external clients at all levels
- Experience with legal terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of estimating and preparation of tenders
- Knowledge of contract legislation in Canada and globally
- Project management experience
- Broad technical knowledge of construction and mining in order to write scope of work for contracts
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Remain organized in a fast paced environment
- Capability to coordinate multiple issues with competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Travel to various mine sites and offices may be required (domestic and international)
Redpath Canada Limited is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.