Senior Estimator (2020-4531)
Seeking a Senior Estimator to work in conjunction with other team members of the Estimating Department, and other departments as required, developing project estimates, budgets, schedules and proposal documents based on the latest available costing methodology and data for the purpose of winning new work as well as in the execution of current work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings, designs, specifications, and tender documentation to prepare schedules, cost estimates and proposal documents.
- Schedule project activities and modify to suit reviews.
- Determine performances.
- Interface with other individuals in the organization to obtain their contributions to the methodology used, cost estimates and proposal documentation.
- Utilize estimating, spreadsheet, word processing, scheduling and presentation software to compile estimates, bid proposals and budgets/studies.
- Effective writing of letters, methodologies and commercial clarifications.
- Assist and support project management to ensure continuity between tender, construction and project completion.
- Lead review sessions.
- Apply labour, equipment and material requirements to each estimate.
- Prepare all tenders in accordance with the "Redpath Bidding Process"
- Some travel to mine sites and/or other business offices may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education (mathematical and/or scientific) required, however Mining Engineering Degree, Mining Technician or Technologist Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience &/or knowledge of Underground mining operations, with 5+ years’ Underground work experience, practical and engineering.
- Proficiency with estimating and scheduling software.
- Experience with Hard Dollar an asset.
- Confidence to question and to contribute a team
- Ability to work with numbers and numerical analysis.
- Familiarity with a wide range of mine-related work.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines, and targets.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Redpath Canada Limited is committed to an environment that is barrier-free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.