Senior Exploration Geologist
Based at the Detour Lake Mine Site, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Exploration Geologist, reporting to the Exploration Manager. This position will work a 14 days in and 14 days out rotation.
The Senior Exploration Geologist will be responsible for coordinating daily Exploration activities and programs at the Detour Lake property.
- Provide input into the weekly and monthly exploration schedules.
- Provide leadership and supervision to all in-field programs and manage the collection of geological data including quality control procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of geological models, mineral resource estimates in the preparation of NI 43-101 technical documents as required.
- Assist in the search and evaluation of new gold properties and or property submissions.
- Direct daily activities of consultants and contractors.
- Prepare geological sections, to include all Au data, lithological units and domain data and any other notes as required.
- Provide guidance with regards to drilling conditions, drill planning and availability of areas.
- Prepare clear and accurate written summary reports on exploration programs completed.
- Continuously examine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and processes and facilitate change as required.
- Help manage Detour Gold Corp land holding to insure assessment credits and license renewal s for all exploration and leased claims are completed in a timely manner
- A Bachelor’s degree in Geology or a related field
- Registered member of the Association of Professional Geologist of Ontario (APGO) or willing and eligible to be become a registered member.
- 10 to 15 years of related experience with 3 years of management or supervisory experience.
- A thorough understanding of the efficient use of geological instruments and techniques and the interpretation of geological data
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, Map Info, and any GIS modelling software including Leapfrog, Gemcom, Vulcan, Data Mine and/or C-15 software is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of all Ontario health, safety and environmental acts and legislation related to mining operations
|WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?|
Together, we are building a world-class gold mine and our success is determined by the hard work and dedication of our team. All of our team members are rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and also:
- A retirement plan with 6% employer contributions
- A Health Care Spending Account
- Training and development opportunities
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to build a career with an innovative and dynamic organization, submit your resume directly on our website.
This posting closes at 5PM on August 10, 2017. Early applications are preferred.
Candidates granted interviews will be contacted by a member of our Human Resources Department.