Senior Geologist / Manager
Trek Mining Inc. – Employment Opportunity – Senior Geologist /Manager Position
Reporting to the EVP Exploration, the successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Company’s exploration activities including program design, budgeting, and reporting. The incumbent will work closely with in-country exploration teams to ensure industry best practices are maintained; to continually review and better exploration processes; and play an active role in the mentoring and development of a leading exploration team. The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to spend significant time in the field as international travel to projects and remote locations will be required.
The Company’s head office is located in downtown Vancouver and supports operations and projects in North and South America.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years exploration industry work experience demonstrating strong leadership, management and mentoring skills; operations/mine geology (e.g. grade control / reconciliation) experience an asset
- Strong computer skills including data management, GIS and 3D geological modelling
- Strong technical knowledge of diverse ore types with a focus on orogenic gold systems
- Strong spoken and written English communication; knowledge or fluency in Portuguese and/or Spanish an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a multicultural team environment
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Geology with academic credentials consistent with requirements for Professional Geologist designation
Please apply by sending resume via email with “Senior Geo” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until June 2nd, 2017.