Senior Manager, Geologist
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Toronto Stock Exchange, the Sr. Manager supports the quality of the TSX market by assessing whether an issuer meets the technical original listing requirements for mining issuers and overseeing issuers’ compliance with TSX continuous disclosure requirements related to technical mining disclosure. The Senior Manager also acts as an internal consultant and supports Business Development efforts.
The Senior Manager meets with interested applicants, advises about technical listing eligibility and offers guidance to meet TSX and TSX Venture Exchange requirements. In addition, the individual supports IIROC market Surveillance with technical news release reviews, as required.
The individual is expected to represent TSX at and participate in external industry events to keep TSX current on new developments in the field.
Assess the compliance of applicants with the TSX and TSX Venture Exchange technical original listing requirements
With respect to technical disclosure, review complaints and referrals, public disclosure documents and issuer activity to detect breaches of Exchange requirements
Conduct compliance reviews related to technical disclosure to ensure issuer compliance with the Exchange’s Listings Agreement, rules and policies of Toronto Stock Exchange
Identify issuer education needs and help develop and deliver appropriate programs
Manage special projects as required
Based on original listing volumes, the individual may also act as the front-line interface between the TSX and TSX issuers in their corporate finance transactions. In this capacity the individual will:
• Gain an understanding of transactions, their risks and impact on all market participants.
• Be able to act independently and confidently, as well as properly identifying threshold issues quickly and communicating them appropriately to the director.
• Prepare written reports outlining the issuer’s operations and affairs (financial statements, management, public distribution, etc.) taking into consideration all relevant requirements, policies and precedents.
• Communicate and recommend solutions/requirements to remedy deficiencies and issues identified with senior representatives of the issuer, legal and financial advisors and sponsoring organizations of applicants.
• 8-10 years of industry working experience, preferably with public exploration companies
• Excellent understanding of NI 43-101
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Comfortable public speaker
• Self-starter and ability to work independently
• Experience in technical or professional industries (i.e. high tech, biotech, oil & gas, mining)
• Familiarity with Toronto Stock Exchange’s Company Manual, TSX Venture Exchange Policies, the Securities Act (Ontario) and the Canadian Business Corporations Act.
• Written and verbal skills in both French and English is an asset
Please apply directly at: https://canr54.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/tmx/Posting/View/2079