Site (Process Plant) Manager
The Site Manager will be responsible for the effective and safe operation of the processing plant with additional oversite of the associated underground and surface infrastructure. The function will include oversite of the planning, optimization, and production of the mineral processing operation for the project in compliance with local government and statutory requirements.
The Process Plant Manager is required to effectively manage the milling and metallurgical department while ensuring adherence to company safety, health and environmental
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing all departments within the mine to ensure corporate objectives are achieved.
- Maintaining a safe and efficient working environment in which excellence and continuous improvement are pursued on a day-to-day basis.
- Achieving production and financial performance in line with agreed objectives, with an emphasis on maintaining the highest levels of safety and environmental compliance.
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reporting.
- Preparing and executing annual and life of mine budget plans.
- Maintaining and improving community and public relations.
- Acting as a representative of the Company to municipal, state, and federal governments.
- Securing and protecting the site’s assets, including facilities and equipment.
- Provide leadership to and supervise processing staff
- Conduct regular and thorough inspections of all plant areas to ensure compliance with legislation, company safety and environment standards.
- Optimize the metallurgical and environmental performance of the process plant through monitoring, test work, procedural changes, process control and innovation.
- Create a high performing culture and the willingness and channel for the processing team to embrace innovation and problem solving.
- Oversee and maintain the development of the processing department budget whilst ensuring the costs of the processing plant are well managed.
- Develop, maintain and improve processing systems to ensure that all production targets are delivered to budget.
- Monitor through appropriately developed reporting systems plant performance and recommend, plan and implement future plant and equipment optimization strategies.
- Provide project management support and services across the surface infrastructure and elsewhere on site.
- Ensure the security of the processing plant including the gold room.
- Assist Corporate Management in developing the overall business strategy, particularly in regard to processing technology development and operations and infrastructure provision and maintenance.
- Create a working environment which ensures that employees and contractors gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing and implementing effective training and mentoring programs.
- Implement employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance, in order to identify and remedy substandard performance and behavior.
- Manage succession planning within the.
- To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, continuous improvement ideas and projects; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge accounting principles and procedures
- People and organizational skills
- Highly developed planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Extractive Metallurgy, Mineral Processing or Chemical Engineering.
- Substantial experience with exposure to large scale processing plants in a senior supervisory position, preferably with CIL.
- 10 years’ experience in a senior processing manager role.
- Demonstrated experience with a genuine passion to providing exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring to team.
- Proven business improvement experience and achievements with a high level of demonstrated implementation of strategic planning initiatives.
- Position would be based in Bissett, Manitoba at the True North Mine.