Superintendent, Analytical Services
Closing Date: September 25, 2019
Superintendent, Analytical Services
Located in Trail, British Columbia, Canada and Reporting to the Metallurgy Development Manager, the Superintendent Analytical Services is accountable for meeting the short-term and long-term analytical testing requirements of Trail Operations. The Analytical Services group (40 employees) provides testing services for approximately 150,000 samples per year on a 24/7/365 basis to meet several needs: process control, environmental monitoring, hygiene monitoring, research and development, concentrate purchasing and metal sales.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Manage team by recruiting, training, setting objectives, monitoring performance and initiating actions to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Monitor developments in mineral testing, and evaluate new equipment and technologies.
- Ensure Analytical Services is provided with the personnel, equipment and other resources necessary to provide effective and economical analytical work, which meets prescribed standards (ISO17025) and the changing needs of users and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare budgets and manage costs to ensure the cost-effective delivery of services.
- Establish and promote the maintenance and continuous improvement of a safe and healthy working environment through personal commitment to the principles of Trail Operations Safety and Health Policy.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with laboratory operations management including planning, objective setting, budgeting and cost management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing laboratory safety
- Experience with mineral testing
- Experience supervising and managing performance of staff
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance programs including ISO17025
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
If you are interested applying please submit your resume online: https://jobs.teck.com by September 25, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.