Superintendent – Asset Management Assurance-Labrador City, NL.
Superintendent – Asset Management Assurance
- Global mining organization with an exceptional safety culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent opportunity for career development and development of technical expertise – Iron Ore Company of Canada
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent – Asset Management Assurance to ensure the stability of the AM practices and processes cross sites. The candidate will also be responsible of a team of four (4) master data specialists in different areas. This position will be based in Labrador City, NL.
This role is a great opportunity to be accountable for the application of the AM framework at IOC. Reporting to the Manager – Asset Risk and Assurance, you will:
- Develop, Govern and Assure Compliance to IOC AM Framework and Standard.
- Assure that IOC’s AM metrics and reporting are align with the AM standards.
- Provide effective leadership to the Master Data Specialist Team
- Perform audits, build reports and work on corrective actions on the AM Framework.
- Develop and organize training on the AM standards.
- Support the planning team in the improvement of the work management process.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in a related discipline
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, SAP, GE APM (or similar asset strategy development tools)
- Min 10 years Industrial Experience – Heavy industrial / processing environment or Heavy Mobile Equipment.
- Demonstrated rigor into the application of AM standards
- Demonstrated ability to safely deliver improvement projects of significant business value.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in English/French
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Masters level qualification in a related engineering or business discipline
- Ability to run multiple projects and complete work as planned.
- Solid team member with good interpersonal skills
Where you will be working
The Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading Canadian producer of iron ore concentrate and iron ore pellets that serves customers worldwide. The company operates a mine, a concentrator and a pelletizing plant in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec. It also operates a 418 kilometer railroad that links the mine to the port.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Applications online at www.riotinto.com/careers Ref. RITM2831188