Supervisor Field Maintenance – Labrador City, NL
Supervisor Field Maintenance
- Our culture is inclusive, exciting and performance-driven
- Excellent development opportunity to propel your future career path
- Role based in Labrador City
About the role
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to be responsible for leading operating and maintenance crews to coordinate shift activities safely and cost effectively deliver production and maintenance targets. Coordinate shift activities with Operations to ensure daily production targets are met or exceeded. This includes effectively executing planned and scheduled work as well as breakdown repairs to enhance equipment availability and reliability.
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will be:
- Ensuring team members work safely and follow all safety standards and safe work practices
- Actively participating in IOC’s safety program and role model appropriate safety behaviours (safety observations, group safety talks, planned general inspections, accident/incident investigations, etc.)
- Providing leadership in team building, planning, and establishing clear measures that keep everyone focused on safety, results, and the customer. Arrange appropriate training for team members, review work performance and deal with grievances at the primary stage
- Supervising, coordinating and monitoring the execution of scheduled work plans and unplanned emergency and breakdown work, determining sequence and assignments based on work priority and availability of equipment and manpower
- Working closely with the maintenance planner to ensure planned jobs are within scope and also to provide feedback on work completed, work to be rescheduled, parts and materials. Provide relevant information to be considered in development of upcoming work plans
- Providing good customer service and maintain a continuous improvement focus by working with customers and team members to resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve maintenance productivity and quality
- Providing timely data into various information systems (i.e. work order history, employee pay details, monthly reports, etc.)
- Developing and promoting a positive employee relations environment within the department
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Hold a Millwright Trade certification (Journeyperson)
- Have 3-5 years of experience in a production and/or maintenance supervisory role
- Strong safety focus and willingness to enforce safety protocols and procedures
- Strong work management execution history
- Strong leadership experience and great communication skills
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications.
Where you will be working
With operations in Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador, as well as port facilities in Sept-Îles, Quebec, the Iron Ore Company of Canada (IOC) is a leading producer of iron ore products. Operating 418 kilometers of railroad that link mine to port, IOC exports pellet and concentrate to customers in North America, Europe and Asia.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Applications: www.riotinto.com/careers Ref. RITM3000738