Port Hope, ON
Position and Responsibilities
The supervisor, radiation and security reports to the sr. specialist, safety, health, environment and quality in Cameco’s major projects department. The major projects department is located in the Saskatoon office. However, this position is located in Port Hope and is directly accountable for all facets of radiation and security for Cameco’s Vision in Motion (VIM) project.
You will be responsible for providing direct supervision of the radiation, environment and safety technicians on the Vision in Motion project. You will develop work schedules based on project needs, prioritize daily work tasks and coordinate administrative items. You will assist with developing radiation monitoring strategies to meet project needs and mitigate risk and communicate with project personnel on all radiation and security issues. You will also evaluate safety and radiation equipment requirements and ensure all equipment is maintained and available when required.
Education and Qualifications
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or a related natural science
- Five to eight years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Comprehensive knowledge of radiation monitoring techniques and strategies
- Previous supervisory experience
- Broad based knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with current Vision in Motion radiation monitoring requirements
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 10, 2018. Please quote competition number 30711.