Surveyor – Northern Ontario (2018-2927)
Project Located in Northern Ontario
Location Northern Ontario
Rotation 14 days on, 14 days off
Shift Length 10 hours
Travel KM reimbursed
Accommodations 50.00/day worked living allowance
Pre-employment requirements Drug test, Full Basic Ontario Common Core Module or FMTM equivalent
Compensation Redpath Canada Limited offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
- Basic Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario) or FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec)
- Drug test
- Pro-mine program an asset
This is a 4 month contract, the primary role of the Lead Surveyor is to supervise a crew on check survey, provide the necessary control points for the development of all the planned excavations and to update all development drawings within this area of responsibility. Experience with a Vulcan system to create survey prints and layouts.
- Surveying of underground development and infrastructure ex: Shafts, Development, Alimak Raise, Open Raise, Track Drifting and various production models.
- Conducting routine survey reporting
- Preparing of layouts and drawings required for operations
- Preparing of as-built drawings
- Maintaining of survey data
- Preparing and implementation of procedures to the accuracy of the survey
- Consolidating survey data, geological and drilling data in preparation of mining layouts
- Specifying and ordering materials and supplies in support of operations and planned work associated with Surveying
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and site standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, technical training or equivalent experience in surveying
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Underground mine surveying experience
- Knowledge of modern survey technologies Ex: Mine Cad Software, Mine 24D Software or similar modelling software, AutoCad and use of Total Station (Leica)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Understanding of underground environment
Health and Safety:
Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
Responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e.Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
Responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.
Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.