TENURE TRACK PROFESSOR IN MINE SITE RECLAMATION AND MINING GEOTECHNIQUE IN NORDIC ENVIRONMENT
The person sought will teach to graduate-level students with the aim of furthering their theoretical and scientific knowledge in the fields of mine site reclamation, mining geotechnique, and mine waste management in Nordic environment. The candidate will be required to conduct research and secure funding for the projects conducted by graduate students through granting agencies and other sources.
The selected candidate will actively participate in the development as well as national and international outreach of RIME and of RIME UQAT-Polytechnique through the development of an innovative research program in the previously mentioned research field. The candidate will be asked to perform administrative tasks at RIME and will have to integrate into the existing research team.
- Doctoral degree with a specialization in one or more fields related to mine site reclamation, mining geotechnique, mining engineering and environment applied to Nordic environment or any other relevant field.
- A well-established or promising academic research portfolio, for the purpose of initiating or pursuing a high-quality autonomous and innovative research program.
- Pedagogical skills and ability to provide educational support and mentoring to master’s and doctoral students. Doctoral students must show an interest and readiness to acquire these skills and ability.
- A readiness and ability to integrate, cooperate, exchange, and work in a team; a capacity to become actively involved in the development and management of RIME.
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and English; the application of a candidate who is not proficient in French may be considered, subject to specific conditions.
Note: The hiring of a candidate whose doctorate is not completed may be considered. The candidate will have to present an official letter, from his thesis supervisor, confirming the date of the submission of the thesis.
OTHER CRITERIA CONSIDERED AS AN ASSET:
- Industrial experience and good knowledge of Canadian or international mining.
- Cooperative research experience in collaboration with industrial partners and a good knowledge of mining environmental issues.
- Membership in a professional association, such as the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ) or Ordre des géologues du Québec (OGQ).
START DATE: January 20, 2020
SALARY: Salary is based on the qualifications and experience of each candidate according to the current collective agreement.
In compliance with Canada’s immigration requirements, this competition gives priority to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. UQAT is an equal opportunity employer (targeted groups: women, visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities).
An application file includes a detailed resume, a letter of motivation in which you describe in particular your teaching philosophy and the main orientations of your proposed research program, two letters of recommendation, the doctorate degree or a letter from the thesis director mentioning the submission date of the thesis.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Interested candidates must submit their full application file, specifying the competition number by October 25, 2019, at 12 pm to the attention of:
Mr. Vincent Cloutier, director
Research Institute on Mines and the Environment (IRME)
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
445, boulevard de l’Université
Rouyn-Noranda (Québec) J9X 5E4
Phone : 1 819 762-0971, poste 8228
Fax : 1 819 797-4727
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org