TIER II CANADA RESEARCH CHAIR
The Vice-Principal (Academics, Research and Creation) of the Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (UQAT) launches a call for pre-qualification proposals to award a Tier II Canada Research Chair in the field of the environment and mine waste management. Tear II chairs, tenable for five (5) years and renewable once, are granted to exceptional emerging researchers acknowledged by their peers as having the potential to lead in their field.
The future chair can address the following subjects: mine waste recycling and processing; environmental geochemistry related to mine waste; mine site reclamation; geotechnical engineering in mining; and mine waste management. Other related subjects will also be considered. Industrial and research experience would be an asset. Following the interview, the successful candidate will be invited to participate in the competitive examination of the 2018 Canada Research Chairs program.
- Have a Doctorate degree.
- Possess an excellent record of research achievement in the prioritized fields.
- Oral and written fluency in French and English. (The application of a candidate assessed as lacking fluency in French may be considered under certain conditions.)
- Candidates have normally less than 10 years since obtaining their highest degree at the time of nomination
Note: applicants who are more than 10 years from having earned their highest degree (and where career breaks exist, such as maternity, parental or extended sick leave, etc.) may have their eligibility for a Tier II chair assessed through the program’s Tier 2 justification process. Please contact the vice-principal office for more information email@example.com .
An application file must include the following:
- A resume, updated. (Applicants should explain the impact of any interruption in their career on their record of achievements in order to better assess the implications.)
- A letter of introduction describing the applicant’s research interests and demonstrating that his or her application meets the Canada Research Chairs program criteria.
- A research chair proposal not exceeding two (2) pages, including a 5-year research plan, showing strong commitment to research excellence.
- The name of three (3) persons who can provide references.
- A photocopy of the PhD degree.
In compliance with Canada’s immigration requirements, this competition gives priority to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. UQAT fully adheres to principles of equity, diversity and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to women, persons with disabilities, Aboriginals and visible minorities. UQAT encourages these individuals to apply to this competition.
NOTE: For your application to be considered, you must include an equal access to employment form, duly completed. Please download and print the form from our website (www.uqat.ca/emplois). As specified in the document, all data collected will be treated in strict confidence and serve only for statistical purposes (uqat - chaires-de-recherche-du-canada).
All applications will be treated confidentially. Interested persons must submit their application by December 10, 2017, to the attention of:
Mrs. Manon Champagne
Acting Vice-Principal (Academics, Research and Creation)
Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue (UQAT)
445, boulevard de l’Université
Rouyn-Noranda (Quebec) J9X 5E4
Telephone: 1 819 762-0971, ext. 2258
Fax: 1 819 797-4727