Tunnel ElectroMechanical Technician
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: Tunnel Electromechanical Technician
Employees will be required to work shift.
Number of positions : 6
Ventilation system installation and maintenance; Tunnel & shaft dewatering system installation and maintenance; Preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance of all underground equipment. Equipment to be Maintained/Repaired:
- Normet Spraymec 8100 VC NA
- Atlas Copco Meyco M3
- Putzmeister Wetkret SPM 4210
- Putzmeister TK-30 pump
- ITC 312-N1 Tunnel Excavator & mucking machine
- Robodrill Robofore Type 544
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based for a 2-3 year period starting January 2018
Wage: $42.49 per hour. Employees/Tunnel Electromechanical Technicians will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $35.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- practical training, classroom or simulation; and
- working knowledge of English.
- Work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and training in underground maintenance;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of tunnel jumbos, tunnel excavators and shotcrete pumps.
Benefits package: Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension etc. Relocation assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)