Tunnel Excavator Operator
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: Tunnel Excavator Operator
Employees will be required to work shift.
Tunnel face excavation using either breaker, tunnel bucket or roadheader. Demolition of piles, shotcrete walls and piles shavings. Execution of final excavation shape avoiding over-excavation. Loading of dumper trucks inside the tunnel. Daily maintenance of the excavator. Equipment to be Operated:
- CAT 328D LCR Tunnel Excavator;
- ITC 312-N1 Tunnel Excavator & mucking machine.
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based for a 2-3 year period starting September 2017
Wage: $44.59 per hour. Employees/Tunnel Excavtor Operators will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $35.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- practical training, classroom or simulation; and
- working knowledge of English.
- Work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and training in underground digging.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in soft ground tunnel digging.
- Candidates must pass test of safety performance in operating CAT 328D LCR or ITC 312-N1
Benefits package: Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension etc.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)