Tunnel Excavator Operator (SEM Mining)
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: Tunnel Excavator Operator
Employees will be required to work shift.
Number of positions : 3
Tunnel face excavation using either breaker, tunnel bucket or roadheader. Demolition of piles, shotcrete walls and piles shavings. Execution of final excavation shape avoiding over-excavation. Loading of dumper trucks inside the tunnel. Daily maintenance of the excavator. Equipment to be Operated:
- CAT 328D LCR Tunnel Excavator;
- ITC 312-N1 Tunnel Excavator & mucking machine.
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based for a 2 year period starting July 2018
Wage: $45.27 per hour. Employees/Tunnel Excavtor Operators will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $35.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- practical training, classroom or simulation;
- Work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and training in underground digging.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in soft ground tunnel digging.
- Candidates must pass test of safety performance in operating CAT 328D LCR or ITC 312-N1
Benefits package: Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension etc. Relocation assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, email@example.com (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)