Tunnel Foreman (SEM Mining)
rosslinx Transit Solutions:
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 6K8
Title of position:
SEM Tunnel Foreman
Number of positions available: 5
The SEM Tunnel Foreman will be in charge of the tunnel crew determining the tasks to be done, and by whom, directing and monitoring how work is performed, deciding on and scheduling hours of work, dealing directly with workers concerns, enforce procedures established to protect worker health and safety and directing resources to address health and safety concerns.
Terms of employment:
Full-time, project-based for a 2 year period starting July 2018. Employees will be required to work shift.
$48.27 per hour
Shift workers will receive a shift premium in addition to their regular hourly rate. Employees/Tunnel Supervisors will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $37.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
Overtime premiums apply as per collective agreement.
All of the above wage details are subject to the prevailing collective agreement.
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- Practical training, classroom or simulation; and
- Familiarity with OSHA and aware of the meaning of ‘Supervisor’ under OSHA;
- MOL’s required basic supervisory safety awareness training;
- Minimum 15 years’ experience utilizing SEM/NATM techniques in tunnel with shotcrete support; and
- Minimum one SEM/NATM tunnel excavation of similar complexity as Oakwood, Avenue, Laird and Bayview Stations with multiple drifts using SEM/NATM techniques and excavation equipment as suggested for these stations (tunnel excavator).
Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension per the collective agreements. Relocation assistance is considered, on a case by case basis for candidates based outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
Location of work:
Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, email@example.com (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)