Tunnel Jumbo Operator
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: Tunnel Jumbo Operator
Employees will be required to work shift.
Self-drilling pipe system execution; probeholes execution; self-drilling bolts for Systematic Face Anchoring; Execution of any other required holes; Daily maintenance of the tunnel jumbo. Equipment to be Operated:
- Atlas Copco Boomer E2 C
- SANDVIK Sandvik DT1121-SC
- Robodrill Robofore Type 544
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based for a 2-3 year period starting January 2018.
Wage: $44.59 per hour. Employees/Tunnel Jumbo Operators will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $35.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- practical training, classroom or simulation; and
- working knowledge of English.
- Work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and training in underground drilling;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in drilling tunnel umbrella micro-piles (DSI-Alwag AT Pipe Umbrella Support System or similar)
- Candidates must pass test of safety performance in operating Robodrill Robofore Type 544
Benefits package : Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension etc. Relocation assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, email@example.com (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)