Tunnel Nozzleman (Mechanized Sprayer)
Crosslinx Transit Solutions
4711 Yonge St. North York, Ontario, M2N 7K1
Title of position: Tunnel Nozzleman (Mechanized Sprayer)
Employees will be required to work shift.
Nozzleman will be in charge of carrying out SEM Tunnel field shotcrete trials. Shotcreting will be done by hand and/or with a spraying robot. Will also be in charge of the operation of the shotcreter and will be responsible for the correct cleaning and maintenance of the shotcreter after each use. Equipment to be Operated:
- Normet Spraymec 8100 VC NA
- Atlas Copco Meyco M3
- Putzmeister Wetkret SPM 4210
- Putzmeister TK-30 pump
Terms of employment: Full-time, project-based for a 2-3 year period starting January 2018
Wage: $44.59 per hour. Employees/Tunnel Nozzlemen will be required to become members of Labourers International Union of North America, Local 183. (Monthly Membership Dues are $35.00 and Working Dues are 3% of Gross earnings).
- Secondary School or equivalent;
- practical training, classroom or simulation; and
- working knowledge of English.
- Work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience and training in wet-mix and dry-mix shotcrete applications on at least 2 projects of comparable nature. Experience in steel fibre reinforced shotctete (SFRS) application. Each crew shall demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the Designer, acceptable proficiency in the application of shotcrete to vertical and overhead surfaces in field tests prior to beginning production work. Crews lacking acceptable proficiency, as determined by the Commission, shall not be permitted to work on the Project.
Benefits package: Employees/Members of Local 183 receive Vacation & Statutory Holiday Pay, Health & Welfare Benefits, Pension etc. Relocation assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Location of work: Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply: Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
Contact information: HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)