Underground Drill Trainer (2020-4726)
Redpath Mongolia LLC has an immediate opening for an Underground Drill Trainer to join their dynamic team at the Oyu Tolgoi Project in Mongolia. The site is situated in Southern Mongolia in the heart of the Gobi Desert flatlands.
Closing: February 4, 2021
Location: Oyu Tolgoi
Rotation: 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off *Due to current Covid-19 travel restrictions, the rotation may be amended. Once covid-19 travel restrictions are eased, you will return to the above roster. Current rotation estimate is 140 days: 3 weeks of quarantine on entry to Mongolia; 11 weeks of work at 14 days on 3 days off; 2 weeks of quarantine when returning to home country; 4 weeks off.
Shift Length: 12 hours
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Travel: Flights provided from point of hire to job site
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of pre-employment medical and substance abuse test
Accommodations: Camp setting
The role of the Underground Drill Trainer is to supervise all aspects of the underground drill training program. To ensure all training activities are conducted in accordance with site safety standards and practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To ensure a safe working environment in compliance with the Oyu Tolgoi Safety System.
- Responsible for the execution of the daily training plan.
- Provide the lead trainer /coordinator with a daily report.
- Attend client/contractor meetings as required.
- To meet KPI targets as set by the client and manage monthly accountabilities.
- Liaise with all stake holders with regard to drill training requirements.
- Audit and coach training in the workplace.
- Manage and support the drill training team.
- Responsible for the succession planning and progressive development of National trainers.
- Coordinate with and support drill crew trainers and trainees.
- Training Administration.
- Reports to the Lead Trainer / Coordinator.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment.
- Follow Company and Oyu Tolgoi’s site health and safety standards and report any unsafe acts or conditions
- To lead by example demonstrating a proactive approach with regard to all health and safety protocols.
- Responsible to ensure the proper use and maintenance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Comply with Oyu Tolgoi’s Critical Risk Management (CRM) requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Workplace training and assessing or equivalent.
- Senior First Aid Certificate or Occupational First Aid.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Significant knowledge and experience of underground drilling equipment utilised in the mining cycle.
- Ability to identify potential hazards and implement controls to mitigate risk.
- Ability to be self-motivated and lead by example.
- Ability to implement and maintain training programs and train others to a competent standard in line with Mongolian legislative requirements.
- Ability to formulate, present and evaluate training courses.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to employees and all stakeholders.
- Ability to relate to client demands and display initiative.
- Ability to support and mentor direct reports and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish priorities, follow up and complete tasks.
- Ability to create/develop standard work procedures & JHAs.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Mongolian mining laws, policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in UG mining.
- Knowledge of critical risk management, mine operation and fire awareness.
- Good oral and written English.