Vice President Exploration
VICE PRESIDENT EXPLORATION
INV Metals is seeking a Vice President Exploration to lead and manage the Company’s exploration programs, in conjunction with our highly skilled exploration team in Ecuador. Ecuador holds vast exploration potential and the Company believes the potential at its Loma Larga gold development project, along with its four recently acquired greenfield projects, to be outstanding. Our exploration targets include high, medium and low sulphidation gold deposits, copper-gold porphyry deposits and epithermal gold targets. Candidates should have relevant experience with these types of targets.
The successful candidate will lead the exploration team and work closely with the corporate executive team which includes the CEO, COO and General Manager, Ecuador. The Vice President Exploration will be responsible for managing the identification of new properties and joint venture opportunities, defining exploration targets, overseeing the design and implementation of programs, the preparation and management of budgets, and the reporting of exploration results. The role will report to the CEO and work very closely with the General Manager, Ecuador, to oversee Ecuadorian geological staff to achieve results which support the Company’s strategic goals. The role also includes the design and implementation of leading health, safety and environmental management systems and workforce training to ensure the safety of our employees and contractors and to maintain the stewardship of the environment.
- Promote and foster social, health, safety and environmental responsibility.
- Determine the Company’s exploration strategy with the aim to execute the Board of Directors’ strategic objectives, in consultation with the CEO, COO and General Manager.
- Identify prospective exploration properties for acquisition and possible joint venture opportunities.
- Design, obtain approval for, and manage exploration programs at the Company’s Loma Larga gold deposit and greenfield projects.
- Interpret, analyze, and report the results of geological and geotechnical information to develop geologic models and delineate current and future exploration targets.
- Prepare and manage the financial reporting, including budgeting and expenditure control, related to the design and execution of exploration programs.
- Prepare marketing presentations for shareholders, present to investors and attend conferences and road show meetings, as required.
- Oversee and implement a QA/QC protocol, exploration data management system, and relevant associated information, including the compilation of geological, geochemical and geophysical databases.
- Assist with the development of NI 43-101 compliant reserve and resource estimates and related economic assessments.
- Identify and ensure compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to exploration activities.
- Identify prospective greenfields exploration projects for acquisition.
- Provide frequent status and progress reports (oral and written) of exploration work, budgets and potential new projects/opportunities.
- Act as the Qualified Person for the Company’s Technical Reports, news releases and corporate marketing presentations.
- Professional Geologist with a minimum of 15 years of increasingly senior experience in precious metals exploration, including significant field work, exploration camp, and corporate reporting experience.
- Current membership with a relevant professional body which allows the successful candidate to be considered a Qualified Person as defined under NI 43-101.
- Extensive experience with high, medium and low sulphidation gold deposits, copper-gold porphyry deposits and epithermal gold targets.
- Ability to lead and manage a highly engaged geological team to achieve outstanding exploration results.
- Ability to clearly communicate with the Board of Directors, management, employees, shareholders and analysts.
- Candidate must demonstrate highly effective interpersonal skills and respect for all internal and external Company stakeholders.
- Candidate must be fully proficient in speaking and writing both English and Spanish.
- This role requires considerable travel between Ecuador and Toronto.
The role will require significant travel between Toronto and Ecuador and frequent communication with the Company’s executive team. The Company requires the successful candidate to be based in the Toronto or Ecuador office.
About INV Metals
INV Metals is currently preparing a Feasibility Study on our Loma Larga gold project, located in Ecuador. We believe the results will confirm we have a bright future to achieve our goal of the development of the Loma Larga underground mine. If you enjoy and excel at the challenge of building a team, then you will want to know more about our exciting new role as Vice President Exploration. You will be managing and working alongside a highly skilled multicultural team, leading by example and contributing to our goal of best in class results.
To apply please submit your resume by February 21, 2018 via email to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: Vice President Exploration. Note that INV Metals does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for a permanent/contract placements. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. INV Metals is an equal opportunity employer.