Vice President Exploration
Western Atlas Resources Inc.
VICE PRESIDENT EXPLORATION
Western Atlas Resources, a company focused on the acquisition and development of precious metals mining projects and scalable deposits in premier mining jurisdiction is looking for a VP Exploration.
The VP Exploration will report directly to the CEO.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsibility for all the exploration activities of the Company;
• Review and evaluation of potential new projects and opportunities, as required;
• Preparation and execution of the Company exploration plans and budgets at all levels, including managing contractors and suppliers, as required;
• Handling, together with the CEO and CFO, and other management, as and when requested, the preparation and management of all financial reporting including budgeting and cost structuring and control related to the preparation and execution of the exploration program;
• Preparation and updating of NI43-101 Resources Technical Reports, working alongside with independent companies;
• Handling the fulfillment of all the legal/administrative/operative requirements that need to be satisfied in order to maintain Western Atlas titles in good standing, including the preparation and filing of the technical and informational annual and semi-annual reports the Company will have to prepare and file for the authorities governing the area of operations;
• Managing and liaising (in co-ordination with the CEO) with staff and consultants;
• Working alongside with the Company’s CEO and other internal or independent parties on the formulation and implementation of strategic plans;
• Full implementation of Datashed and LogChief software or any other industry related standard software;
• Organization and supervision of the drilling and sampling program and process, as well as of any other exploration activities aimed at reaching the Company’s objective thus guaranteeing the correct, efficient and in secure development of the mentioned activities;
• Oversight and organization of a QA/QC protocol, data management, preparation of geological models and associated information to ensure that the Company’s exploration plans deliver valid information for use in NI 43-101 compliant resource statements, Preliminary Economic Assessments and Feasibility Studies;
• Managing procurement process at all levels;
• Undertaking regular site inspections and risk assessments;
• Liaising with staff on site and dealing with any technical or staffing challenges that arise;
• Handling investors presentation, attendance at conferences and road show meetings, as and if required;
• Prepare and give constant business reviews (including but not limited to internal reports), to the CEO regarding status and progress of the exploration work, budgets and potential new projects/opportunities, as required;
• Acting as the Qualified Person for the Company’s Technical Reports, News Releases and Presentations;
• Additional VP of Exploration roles and responsibilities as designated by the Company’s CEO and Board of Directors. Other such duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Company in the execution of its exploration and development activities.
• Professional Geologist with a minimum of 15 years of increasingly senior experience in precious metals basic and advanced mineral exploration, including significant field work and exploration camp experience;
• Current membership with a relevant Professional Geologist professional body;
• Extensive knowledge of Western Atlas’s projects underlying geology and of the mining laws governing the Company’s’ area of operations;
• Extensive organizational, leadership and management skills and ability in forming, leading, managing and motivating teams to the achievement of the corporate goals;
• Exceptional working knowledge of exploration planning at any level and optimization practices and software; he/she will have to be able to skillfully execute the planning and managing of Company’s exploration (including drilling), and target generation;
• Qualified Person with extensive experience in working with NI43-101 Resource Technical Reports and pre-feasibility study, he/she will possess sound knowledge in resource estimation;
• Strong technical and operations leader with business acumen, he/she will have a demonstrated track record of meeting short and long-term goals through effective business planning capabilities;
• He/she will bring prior experience in stakeholder and government relations including investor presentations;
• Ability to work a significant portion of the time at site and as required;
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written);
• Experience with DataShed software and other as appropriately required;
• Extremely driven, proactive, determined, detailed and focused on execution, willing and able to travel wherever required in order to review different and
alternative projects, if any and if required, also in areas not related with the current company’s area of operation;
• Desire and passion to take ownership of the geological function and join a growing firm at an exciting time;
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
• An extremely attractive package is being offered including benefits and options to the right driven individual.
In return, you can expect:
• Play a major role in the forming of multi million-dollar Mining Company;
• Work closely with a Board and Management team of seasoned and extensively successful natural resources professionals and top league financiers;
• Join a team of extremely determined people whose focus is the successful development of the Company and its current and future projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email email@example.com outlining your qualifications and background.