This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Vice President – Exploration
- Implementing and overseeing the exploration activities and resource definition programs for the Company’s current and future project
- Identifying, prioritizing and developing drilling and exploration programs including their economic justification thus guaranteeing a correct, efficient and cost-effective execution of such programs
- Interpreting and analyzing the results of a drilling program and other geological and geotechnical information in order to develop geologic models and mineralization theories, delineate current and future exploration targets and define mining reserves/resources in areas under exploration
- Preparing and managing the exploration budget and procurement process at all levels, including managing contractors and suppliers, ensuring a cost-effective allocation of the Company’s resources and the achievement of the exploration goals within budget and on time
- Assisting the CEO and the CFO with the preparation and management of financial reporting including budgeting, cost structuring and cost controls related to the execution of the exploration program
- Preparing business reviews, budgets and internal reports regarding status and progress of the exploration activities related to the existing projects, as well as for potential new projects and opportunities
- Ensuring that NI43-101 compliant sampling, QA/QC protocol, geologic and geotechnical data collection and management programs are in place thus ensuring that the Company’s exploration plans deliver valid information for future use in NI43-101 compliant resource statements, Preliminary Economic Assessments and Feasibility Studies
- Assisting with due diligence reviews and evaluation efforts of potential new projects and opportunities under consideration for acquisition or development
- Identifying and ensuring compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the Company’s exploration activities in order to guarantee that all environmental, mining and exploration permits are in place and current
- Handling the fulfillment of all the legal, administrative and operative requirements to maintain Western Atlas mining titles in good standing, including the preparation and filing before the relevant authorities of the yearly technical assessment reports and additional annual and semi-annual informational reports
- Preparing and updating of NI43-101 Resources Technical Reports, working alongside with technical independent service providers
- Implementing Datashed and LogChief software and/or any other industry related standard software
- Maintaining positive relationships with applicable government agencies and local communities
- Handling investor presentations, and attendance at conferences and road show meetings
- Acting as the Qualified Person for the Company’s Technical Reports, News Releases and Presentations
- Additional VP of Exploration roles and responsibilities as designated by the Company’s CEO and Board of Directors, and other such duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Company in the execution of its exploration and development activities.
- Professional Geologist with a minimum of 15 years of increasingly senior experience in basic and advanced mineral exploration of precious metals projects, including significant field work and management of exploration camps
- Driven, proactive, detailed and focused on execution
- Able to travel to and work a significant portion of the time at site
- Able to travel to areas other than those of the current company’s operation
- High level of geological/exploration experience and expertise in order to institute best practices and solutions
- Extensive leadership and management skills – ability to form, motivate and lead teams to the achievement of the corporate short and long-term goals. He/she will skillfully plan and execute the Company’s exploration programs at all level, and create workable solutions for difficulties, obstacles and issues arising within areas of responsibility
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive and professional partnerships with all stakeholders including contractors, governments, local communities and direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of Western Atlas’s projects underlying geology and of the mining laws governing the Company’s’ area of operations
- Current membership with a relevant Professional Geologist professional body. Qualified Person under the terms of NI43-101, with extensive experience in working with NI43-101 Resource Technical Reports and pre-feasibility study. He/she possesses sound knowledge in resource estimation
- Experience with most popular 3D resource modeling software, DataShed and other as appropriately required, resource/reserve estimation techniques and QA/QC protocols
- Experience working in Northern Canada and Latin America is a plus
- Fluent in English – Spanish is a plus
- An attractive package is being offered including benefits and options to the right driven individual.
In return, you can expect to:
- Play a major role in the forming of a multi million-dollar Mining Company
- Work closely with a Board and Management team of seasoned and extensively successful natural resources professionals and financiers
- Join a team of extremely determined and hard working people whose focus is the successful development of the Company and its current and future projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email email@example.com outlining your qualifications and background.
540 total views, 2 today Print Job